Friday, September 21, 2012

Ok, here goes nothing...

I'm completely new to blogging and the idea of my words being put down on paper (or screen) and read by people I don't know is a little disconcerting (clearly I'm not a writer), which I think makes me an unlikely blogger candidate.  But, it's always sounded fun, and I think it can help me accomplish a few goals, so here goes!

First of all, I'm trying to stay organized.  I love to crochet, I've recently started sewing, and I'm a newlywed with embarrassingly little cooking experience and a new apartment :)  I'm hoping I can blog patterns, recipes (lots of recipes), cleaning tips, and decorating ideas that I try or want to try... this'll keep them all handily together and organized for future reference.

Second, I hope this blog can eventually be useful and inspirational for others. I'm on pinterest a lot and I can tell you that at least half the brilliant ideas I find on there link directly to some creative person's blog.  So maybe one day, Beautiful Morning will encourage someone else who's trying desperately to figure out what to make for dinner!

Anyway, thanks for reading this and I hope this blog ends up fun and creative instead of boring and dull, which is how my writing compares to that of my sister's (check out her blog at www.howhappyisthelittlestone.blogspot.com if you want to laugh, cry, and snort at each and every post!)

4 comments:

  1. Jul!!!!! You are amazing! First of all, "the idea of my words being put down on paper and read by people I don't know is a little disconcerting."!! Clearly you ARE a writer!!! Second of all, "I'm a newlywed with embarrassingly little cooking experience and a new apartment :)" is perfection. What is all this nonsense about being boring and dull?! Just wait and see! (Also, you're so stinkin' sweet for plugging my blog on your blog...you are ALWAYS looking out for me! I love you!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy :) I'm having fun with it all at least! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for all your sweet comments and for plugging MY blog on facebook :) I love you!

      Delete
  2. You two are SO cute! I'm going to start reading both of your blogs! I need to learn how to cook too, Julia! Soooo, I'm hoping to try some of your recipes. On this hot summer night, the chicken salad sounds amazing! I'll keep you posted if I actually get off my butt and make food instead of just reading about it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skye! Thanks for commenting :) And thanks for reading, too :) Roya's blog is infinitely more exciting than mine, but at least maybe you can get some fun food ideas :) Definitely keep me posted, and if you have any fabulous recipes to share, I'm all ears :) Good luck to you too!

      Delete