Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dijon Chicken Linguine with Mushrooms

I found this recipe on pinterest (originally from Rock Recipes), and tweaked it more to my liking.  It was tasty and SUPER quick (it took me under an hour to prepare AND cook, which if you knew me would be shocking).  I love mushrooms, but to be honest, the thought of cooking with them is oddly disgusting.  It was worth it though :) My mushrooms went mostly bad between the time I bought them and when I made this, so I ended up using way fewer than what it calls for.  Next time I'll do it right.  I served it with a salad and a glass of wine :)

Dijon Chicken Linguine with Chanterelle Mushrooms and Toasted Almonds

Dijon Chicken Linguine with Mushrooms
Serves 4

3 tbsp olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to season
4 oz white wine (I used one of those single-serving Sutter Home Chardonnays that I already had)
2 C heavy whipping cream (I ended up using about 1 1/4 C because I didn't buy enough)
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 C mushrooms (smallish ones)
fresh linguine, cooked
1/2 C toasted slivered almonds (I didn't have any and I forgot to buy them so I didn't use them)

1. Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add chicken breasts and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
2. Continue frying chicken until it's completely cooked. Remove from pan and hold in warm oven.
3. Add white wine to frying pan and simmer until volume is reduced by half.
4. Add whipping cream and mustard and season with salt and pepper.
5. Simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat a metal spoon. Return chicken to sauce, add mushrooms, and simmer for 2 more minutes.
6. Serve over cooked linguine. Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds.

Next time, I'll try it with the almonds; I'm sure it alters the taste of the dish :) Enjoy with salad and a glass of wine! Also, a nice crusty bread may have been good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment